This gallery contains 1 photo.
March 10, 2016 – Thursday
This might not be the first of the month but it a time of some great “firsts!” Today was the first day I could walk my dog in a short sleeved tee shirt and no jacket and not be too cold! Today was the first day I had to spray myself down with Mosquito repellant. My car is lightly dusted with oak pollen and spring is in the air, ACHOOO! I live in the best place in the world (in my opinion) and though this isn’t a great time of the year for my allergies, I love living here in Florida! The weather is pristine right now! I do not like being cold so I have looked very forward to this awesome weather! Just pardon my red watery eyes, and red puffy running nose.
Last night I rummaged around in the cabinets to find that elusive tube of fake a bake. I pulled out my sunless tanning cream and slathered it on for the first time in many months. The slow build of a good “tan” has begun! Next I have to start pulling out the shorts and getting ready for this hugging warm weather!
Last night the biggest “first” of all, I got a message from a friend on Facebook and it said “I joined WW!” She shared her first week’s success with me! She is off to an amazing start her first week too! I love hearing about other’s success it is inspiring to me too!
She asked me for some pointers and suggestions and I shared the following with her.
- Do not overwhelm yourself, one small change at a time.
- Focus on health, not how you look.
- Slow and steady healthy weight loss is best.
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat lots of zero point snacks to keep you throughout the day.
- Focus on small attainable goals, such as five pounds at a time.
- Change up your workouts with lots of different activities, keep it fun!
- No matter how bad the choice is, track it, own it and move on~
- We all make bad choices from time to time just don’t live there.
- Planned indulgences are a must.
I am looking forward to seeing all her new “firsts” too!
This nice warmer weather is putting a spring in my step and a bigger smile on my face. Nothing like a soft gentle warm breeze caressing your skin as you walk in the bright clear sunshine! I must have spring fever! AACHOOOOOO! Yes, it is spring again. Gotta love it!
Accepting accountability for what you do or eat is a foundation of leading a healthier lifestyle. You control what goes into your mouth and you control what activities you participate in. So getting your head set right, is the first step toward a healthier lifestyle. When exercising motivation can easily evaporate so it is important that you find many different ways to keep you motivated.
Some suggestions are:
- Giving yourself a reward for exercising/moving for X# of days. (non food!)
- Find success stories to read to help keep you inspired.
- Find motivational quotes to put where you will see them.
- Talk positively to yourself! Give yourself positive feedback! Congratulate yourself!
- Create a fitness journal
- Join an online group that is fitness focused
- Blog about your exercise
- Make yourself accountable have a friend to ask you how it is going.
- Publish your updates in social media (peer pressure)
- Read about fitness and activities that you enjoy.
- Purchase special clothing to wear while you are being active.
Remember you are the author of your story and your success. Do what it takes to reach your goals! Reward yourself for every success no matter how small! Keep going even when you do not feel like it! Sometimes you have to do just what you need to do just because you need to do it! Your body will thank you later!