Accepting accountability for what you do or eat is a foundation of leading a healthier lifestyle. You control what goes into your mouth and you control what activities you participate in. So getting your head set right, is the first step toward a healthier lifestyle. When exercising motivation can easily evaporate so it is important that you find many different ways to keep you motivated.
Some suggestions are:
- Giving yourself a reward for exercising/moving for X# of days. (non food!)
- Find success stories to read to help keep you inspired.
- Find motivational quotes to put where you will see them.
- Talk positively to yourself! Give yourself positive feedback! Congratulate yourself!
- Create a fitness journal
- Join an online group that is fitness focused
- Blog about your exercise
- Make yourself accountable have a friend to ask you how it is going.
- Publish your updates in social media (peer pressure)
- Read about fitness and activities that you enjoy.
- Purchase special clothing to wear while you are being active.
Remember you are the author of your story and your success. Do what it takes to reach your goals! Reward yourself for every success no matter how small! Keep going even when you do not feel like it! Sometimes you have to do just what you need to do just because you need to do it! Your body will thank you later!