March 10, 2016 – Thursday
This might not be the first of the month but it a time of some great “firsts!” Today was the first day I could walk my dog in a short sleeved tee shirt and no jacket and not be too cold! Today was the first day I had to spray myself down with Mosquito repellant. My car is lightly dusted with oak pollen and spring is in the air, ACHOOO! I live in the best place in the world (in my opinion) and though this isn’t a great time of the year for my allergies, I love living here in Florida! The weather is pristine right now! I do not like being cold so I have looked very forward to this awesome weather! Just pardon my red watery eyes, and red puffy running nose.
Last night I rummaged around in the cabinets to find that elusive tube of fake a bake. I pulled out my sunless tanning cream and slathered it on for the first time in many months. The slow build of a good “tan” has begun! Next I have to start pulling out the shorts and getting ready for this hugging warm weather!
Last night the biggest “first” of all, I got a message from a friend on Facebook and it said “I joined WW!” She shared her first week’s success with me! She is off to an amazing start her first week too! I love hearing about other’s success it is inspiring to me too!
She asked me for some pointers and suggestions and I shared the following with her.
- Do not overwhelm yourself, one small change at a time.
- Focus on health, not how you look.
- Slow and steady healthy weight loss is best.
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat lots of zero point snacks to keep you throughout the day.
- Focus on small attainable goals, such as five pounds at a time.
- Change up your workouts with lots of different activities, keep it fun!
- No matter how bad the choice is, track it, own it and move on~
- We all make bad choices from time to time just don’t live there.
- Planned indulgences are a must.
I am looking forward to seeing all her new “firsts” too!
This nice warmer weather is putting a spring in my step and a bigger smile on my face. Nothing like a soft gentle warm breeze caressing your skin as you walk in the bright clear sunshine! I must have spring fever! AACHOOOOOO! Yes, it is spring again. Gotta love it!